Saturday, August 2, 2008

Orkut

I have deleted my orkut profile.
.
Orkut was fun, scrapping friends all sort of weird messages was a good enough timepass activity. What with the cool applications orkut just added (someone told me they stole it from facebook), it was just awesome.
.
More for me came from the communities. For example, I joined the so-called India Pakistan Friendship Club (IPFC) just to bash some Pakis around. Instead I met some really incredible people from both sides of the border, who had formed a similar and smaller, but a much better community, IPFC Snobs - cheeky name:) Not contributing much myself, but it was thrilling to go through the lively debates these guys enagged in. Made some great friends and still in contact with. Then there was a school community I started, which helped me get back in contact with so many friends - we even managed to organize a couple of get-togethers. Or the IIMB Batch of 2009 community where we had helluva fun before even joining IIMB.
.
But my friends list got unmanageable, over 600 and growing. Call it a bane from being a small town, where everyone seems/pretends/tries to know everyone else, or getting ito IIT, where your batch, and the immediate junior/senior hostelmates drop a friend request without even a courteous "hello" to go along with, or the IIM thing, which I mentioned once back here. I don't know, but getting such freind requests from people on pretext of such (shaky) common grounds just didn't work for me. Anyways, I accpeted them all, saamnewala might find it insulting otherwise. Networked, in literal sense.
.
Anyhow, the bottom line is, I was spending too much time on it, day-after-day. Good Riddance!

No comments: